🏠 What do we do ?
Born in 2021 from the desire to make cities less polluted and less noisy, Electra is helping to shift usage towards electric mobility by tackling the main obstacle of recharging .
Electra is constantly innovating to facilitate the recharging of electric vehicles with a network of fast recharging hubs (15 to 30 minutes maximum) and a user experience simplified to the maximum.Based in Paris, Lyon, Brussels, Milan, Zurich, Vienna, Madrid and Munich Electra's teams aim to deploy a network of 14,500 charging points by 2030; proud to participate in the energy transition in France and Europe. For cities without noise and pollution!
In 3 years we have :
- Provided more than 800 fast charging points
- Secured enough stations to make Electra a market leader
- Opened several offices in France and Europe
- Assembled a team of over 160 talented people... and that's just the beginning
- Joined the French Tech Next 40
💼 Your Missions
As an Engineering Manager, you will work within the 🔋Energy team, one of the five teams in the Product Engineering department.
This team deals with the communication between our connected objects (chargers, diplays and other IoT) and our servers. You will take part in evolving a reliable, resilient and scalable infrastructure, that thousands of drivers depend on each day.
In your role as an Engineering Manager, your responsibilities are multifaceted.
🚚 Delivery and Quality:
This mission is the most critical as you will be responsible for your team's delivery.
- You assist your teams in software architecture in close collaboration with the rest of the stakeholders.
- You uphold delivery commitments.
- You lead projects and maintain an overview of everything that is happening.
- You anticipate impediments.
As an Engineering Manager, you are responsible for managing, developing, and supporting your teams.
- You support and nurture your teammates by training, guiding, and leading by example.
- You position yourself as a leader with your teams, the Product Manager, and other stakeholders.
- You develop team goals for your teammates and help them achieve these goals!
- You are a learning resource for your teams, promoting multidisciplinarity, encouraging empowerment and autonomy, and fostering inter-team collaborations.
💻 Technical Oversight:
- You ensure that teams align with Electra's overall technical trajectory.
- You are the owner of your teams' technical backlog: prioritizing, selecting, and making necessary trade-offs.
- You facilitate communication, rituals, and reporting on technical matters for your squads.
- You are the guardian of our practices and processes: constantly challenging and improving them.
- You also make individual contributions when necessary.
An EM is expected to have an impact beyond their team.
- You enjoy solving organizational problems and implementing processes.
- You initiate and successfully complete cross-functional projects within product engineering.
- You take the initiative to address organizational problems you identify.
💚 Desired Profile
- Have experience as a software engineer for several years.
- Desire to work with code and remain technically proficient.
- Previous experience in engineering management.
- Enjoy context switching.
- Willing to step out of your comfort zone to innovate.
- Be concise, precise, and organized in both written and oral communication.
- Enjoy reading and staying updated on the industry's state-of-the-art.
- Appreciate the idea of making a positive impact on the world.
⚡ What Electra offers you :
- A great professional challenge in a fast-growing scale-up
- An entrepreneurial journey
- New offices in the 2nd arrondissement of Paris or offices in the Grand Hôtel Dieu in the center of Lyon
- A motivated, driven and passionate team of 150+ professionals
- A flexible, inclusive and international work environment
- An attractive package